Carioca’s, on the Disney Magic, features Latin-inspired food. One of the delicious appetizers on the menu is the Empanadas Panzudas de Carne. The recipe calls for frozen pre-cooked beef empanadas, which are actually used in the restaurant to my surprise. Now you can make this appetizer at home with the spicy red chimichurri sauce with this recipe!
Empanadas Panzudas de Carne
10 pre-cooked beef empanadas
3 1/2 ounces egg wash
1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
12 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 ounces red wine vinegar
4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
For the Empanadas
- Brush the defrosted pre-cooked empanadas with the egg wash and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat to 300°.
- Remove and brush again with egg wash, place into oven on olive oil brushed parchment paper.
- Cook until golden brown (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
For the Red Chimichurri
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Serve on the side with the hot empanadas.