50’s Prime Time Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios features your favorite comfort foods from the 50s. The popular fried cheese was retired but recently has been revived. So if you’re looking to make that cheesy goodness at home, this recipe is for you.
Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese
4 oz. water
3 eggs, beaten
2 oz. raspberry sauce
1/2 lb. flour, season
1 qt. canola oil
1/2 lb. bread crumbs, seasoned
2 (5 oz.) Boursin cheese, herb and garlic flavor
1 loaf of French bread, sliced and toasted
Apple slices and grapes, for garnish
- Cut cheese wheels in half crosswise with a hot, dry knife.
- Coat the cheese in flour, egg and then bread crumbs.
- Repeat in egg and bread crumbs.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Fill a cast iron skillet with oil, 1/4″ high and heat to 350 F.
- Place cheese in skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and place on a papper towel to remove access oil.
- On a plate, place raspberry sauce and top with cheese. Serve with apple slice and grape cluster.