One of the items we’ve enjoyed at the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival is the garlic shrimp from Australia. Disney author, Pam Brandon, added this recipe to the 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Cookbook. The cookbook can be picked up at the Festival Center or the Festival shops around the world showcase.
Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Broccoli Rapini
24 medium shrimp (16/20), peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
3/4 pound broccoli rabe, cut into thirds
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing once or twice. Add garlic, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook’s notes: The “16/20” refers to the size of the shrimp, meaning 16 to 20 per pound.
Make sure to check out our review of the Australia booth at the festival!
Don’t forget to pick up the DiningatDisney.com’s Guide to the 2013 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival to help plan your trip around the world! The 150+ page e-book has everything you need to know! It includes full-color photos, special events and demonstrations, expert tips and more.
Have you tried the garlic shrimp? What did you think? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Dining at Disney Fans: