This dish is a favorite of Chef Jens Dahlman, Executive Chef at Epcot and guests can enjoy it at Biergarten Restaurant and Sommerfest in the Germany Pavilion. We love this dish! It beats your everyday mac n’ cheese and we have the recipe so you can make it at home.
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground white pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
- Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.
Will you be making this Biergarten favorite at home? What’s your favorite dish in the Germany Pavilion?
Dining at Disney Fans: