It’s pumpkin season, we’ll at least through Thanksgiving. For those of you that love pumpkin and cupcakes, we have the recipe for you – pumpkin muffins. These delicious muffins can be found at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafécup in Disneyland and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure.
1 cup cake flour
1 cup bread flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 5-ounce can pumpkin purée
1 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Sift together cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and eggs until pale yellow in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Blend in oil and pumpkin purée until mixture is smooth.
- Blend half of flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl, the
- stir in raisins. Add remaining flour mixture to batter, mixing just until combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mash butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon streusel on each muffin.
- Bake 18 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 325°F and bake 5 minutes more or until golden brown.