This uniquely themed restaurant is named for the famous head hunter from the Jungle Cruise – Trader Sam. We don’t recommend trading one of your heads for two of his!
Trader Sam’s is an exciting, fun lounge. Select drinks, like Uh-Oa! bring lots of thrill to the place. In addition to the drink’s show, there are plenty of interesting decorations – the moving octopus legs, pictures that come to life and other unusual items. You’ll definitely want to check them out!
Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto is located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort near Capt. Cook’s. The menu features tropical flavors with appetizer, such as Hawaiian Poke, Kalua Pork Tacos and Salmon Oshizushi. Drinks include a nice selection of beers, wines and unique cocktails, like Dark and Tropical Stormy (only available at the Disney World location). There are even a couple of non-alcoholic beverages for those who don’t drink.
Location: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Hours: 4 pm to midnight
Disney Dining Plan: Not accepted
Tables in Wonderland: Not accepted
- There is a waiting list, but once you enter you’ll seat yourself. The more people in your party, the more difficult it is to find a spot.
- Kids are welcome until 8 pm. At that point all under the age of 21 must leave. However, we didn’t find the lounge to be a location to take your kids.
- Don’t plan on the food to be your dinner. The portions are quite small.
- There is an outdoor terrace where you can grab a drink while you wait to go inside.
- Check out our review of Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto!