A warm, rich restaurant that brings together the bold, traditional flavors of Africa, India and the Mediterranean. Located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jiko has twin wood-burning ovens and soothing colors of the African sunset.
The menu offers something for everyone including those that have special dietary restrictions. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or lactose intolerant, Jiko has something for you. Offering grilled lamb, Durban shrimp curry, brick oven-fired flatbreads, and Egyptian Kushari for savory entrees. You’ll want to save room for the enticing desserts including Madagascar cheesecake, coconut bread pudding, Amarula creme brulee, and orange and anise olive oil cake.
Wine lovers will be delighted by the extensive South African wines offered. The wine list has won several awards, including Most Outstanding Wine List from Wine Spectator.
Service: Table Service/Signature Dining
Location: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Hours: 5:30 pm – 10 pm
Reservations: Highly recommended
Disney Dining Plan: Two table-service credits
Tables in Wonderland: Accepted
Book online or call (407) WDW-DINE
- Guests staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Villas can make reservations for the Wanyama Safari dining experience. Get up-close-and-personal with the resort’s animals prior to enjoying a South African feast.
- Try the wine tastings on Wednesdays from 3-4 p.m. Sample three delicious vintages paired with cheese and fruit. Reservations can be made at 407-938-7149.
- Four times a year Jiko offers a 6 or 8-course meal paired with wine from a South African winemaker.
- Since Jiko – The Cooking Place is a signature dining experience the dress code is business casual.
- Watch the chefs prepare meals in the open-air kitchen.