Guests can now enjoy new dishes at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The restaurant features a fusion of Indian and African cuisine. According to Chef Eddie, “We didn’t invent this fusion, it happened with the ancient spice trade,”.
New menu items include:
- Boerewors and Slaphakskeentjies – traditional South African sausages (boerewors) served with a Cape Malay Onion Salad (slaphakskeentjies)
- Umngqusho – a “favorite dish of the Congo with samp (hominy) and beans flavored with butter” (said to be Nelson Mandela’s favorite dish)
- Traditional Sosatie cooked on skewers with lamb and apricots, and served with butternut squash, bacon, cashews and goat cheese
- Biryani, an Indian dish with African spice and seasonal vegetables “influenced from the Cape of Good Hope”
- Kenya Coffee BBQ sandwich
Some of your favorites are still available. At lunch, you can still get the roasted Peri Peri Chicken sandwich, butter chicken, curries and the Indian-style bread service and accompaniments: Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Tomato-Date Jam and Mango Chutney.
For guests with allergies or special dietary needs, this is a perfect restaurant. Since the menu is very vegetable-based, menu items can easily be adjusted to accommodate needs.