Getting kids to try new foods can be a difficult task for many parents. As part of Disney’s Magic of Healthy Living campaign, Chef Jens Dahlman created some fun dishes for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival to get kids trying new food and flavors.
Parents will find dishes that have a familiar ingredient paired with something unusual. For example, the Spring Pancake comes with grilled chicken and green apple. Here is a look at some of the TRYit dishes:
- Beet Lollipop – Intermissions Café in the Festival Center
- Wild Berry Slush – Fruits by the Glass
- Baked Goat’s Brie with Kumquat Chutney – The Cottage, United Kingdom
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) – Hanami, Japan
- Lasagna Primavera – Primavera Kitchen, Italy
- Potato Pancakes with house-made Apple Sauce – Bauernmarkt, Germany
- Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken & Green Apple – Lotus House, China
- Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, BW Farms Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese & Balsamic Reduction – Florida Fresh
- Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries – Florida Fresh
- Ratatouille Tarte with Goat Cheese – L’Orangerie, France
- Moroccan Sweet Pancake – Taste of Marrakesh, Morocco
- Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes with house-made Mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar & Basil – The Cottage, United Kingdom
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival will be taking place from March 6 – May 19, 2013. For a look at other food and drinks being offered check out our post on food and drink being featured at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
For fun TRYit recipes visit the Magic of Healthy Living website. And make sure to look for the TRYit logo on the menus at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival this year.
Which of these items do you or your kids look forward to trying? We can’t wait to sample them all. The Wild Berry Slush, Frushi and Potato Pancakes with apple sauce sound like kid-friendly hits to us.